If you want to talk to us about this policy or any concerns or queries you have about the use of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm all requests in writing.
This policy is provided for your information and doesn’t limit or exclude your rights under the Privacy Act 1993.
1. What information does
We collect information relating to you that you have provided to us (for example, on an application or registration form) or that we may have obtained from another source (such as our suppliers or from marketing
This information may include, your name, address, telephone numbers, information on how you use our products and services (such as the number of products that you purchase over a period of time). This information may be held by us while you are using our services and for a period of time
We may also monitor and record your calls to us and our calls to you.
2. How does
The information that we collect from you may be used by us for several purposes connected with our business such as:
- processing and evidencing your orders or applications;
- carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
- providing you with products and/or services you have requested or administering your account;
- billing you (unless you pay by another agreed method) and collecting any debt owed to us by you;
- dealing with your requests,
enquiriesor complaints and other customer care related activities;
- carrying out
marketand product analysis, and improvements to our products and services;
- contacting you about our products and services and the products and services of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you (unless you ask us in writing not to);
- registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes;
- carrying out any activity about a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or about legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and about the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
- for general administrative and business purposes.
3. Sharing your information
There may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties (some of which may be based outside of New Zealand). If we do this, we will only disclose your information to:
- Credit reference agencies (unless we have agreed otherwise), who may share your information with other
organisationsand who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name;
- debt collection agencies or companies, to collect any money owing by you in respect of an unpaid Just Water bill;
- anyone who assists us in protecting the operation of the Just Water networks and systems, including the use of monitoring and detection to identify potential threats, such as hacking and virus dissemination and other security vulnerabilities;
- anyone who hosts or maintains data
centres, service platforms andother infrastructure and systems on behalf of us, where your information is processed;
- persons to whom we may be required to pass your information because of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services;
- aggregated user statistics and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties such as our advertisers, customers, potential customers
- any person or
organisationas authorisedby the Privacy Act 1993, including with your prior authorisationwhich we will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you. If you have not opted out of receiving marketing material from us, we may also provide your personal information to carefully selected third parties who we reasonably believe provide products or services that may be of interest to you and who have contracted with Just Water to keep the information confidential, or who are subject to obligations to protect your personal information.
At any time if you would like to opt-out of receiving mywally.co.nz marketing materials, please email email@example.com. Please quote your name, email address
4. Protecting your personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from
5. Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to access personal information about you if we hold that personal information in a way that it can be readily retrieved, subject to some exceptions provided at law.
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote your name and address. We would be grateful if you could also provide brief details of what information you want a copy (this helps us to more readily locate your data). We will confirm all requests in writing.